Overseeing Human Resources systems performs services related to compensation, employee relations, ensuring compliance and interpretation of policies, and all personnel actions.
- Work closely with the office of the Executive Director, and Business and Financial Management Division.
- Supervise all HR staff.
- Update upper management with respective information such as staffing reports.
- Maintain records acquired from staffing for Legislative terms.
- Make recommendations that align with the Legislature’s legal interest.
- Help set the tone and culture of the organization to uplift morale.
- All staffing recruitment and logistics. (Creation of Nopas, ERP actions, and data entry in the electronic database. Management of staffing and personnel records and transfer of information to the electronic system internally).
- Conduct employee orientations.
- Complete requests for external agencies and requests from employees.
- Conduct informal mediation related to supervisor and employee concerns/complaints.
- Develop and/or make recommendations for policy and procedures as well as review sexual harassment and employee handbooks for updates.
- Administer programs for employee relations and guidance for employees that need special services for substance abuse, social services, and other relative matters.
- Provide information on employee safety welfare and wellness: Assist with safety measures and compliance, OSHA standards, complete occupational health and safety reports, worker’s compensation.
- Organize workshops, training, and development.
- Organize various employee events.
Lifting of approximately 20-40 lbs in weight, scanning employee files.
Master’s degree in human resources management.
Bachelor’s degree, HR certification or equivalent of eight years or more H.R. Management experience.
Knowledge of finance and labor laws, familiar with the VI code.