Facilities Management (St. Thomas – St. Thomas)
Responsible for general maintenance tasks related to all landscape and agricultural features of the institution and provide assistance to facilities management.
- Perform daily landscaping duties.
- Cutting and pruning of lawn, trees, plants, and shrubs, emptying bins, watering, weed control, and leaf raking
- Assists with minor construction such as painting, carpentry, masonry, digging and pouring concrete when needed.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of equipment and chemicals. Maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Ability to operate various hand tools, powered equipment, such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Assist with repairs to electrical motors, switches, compressors, water lines, and plumbing.
- Drive vehicles.
- Assist with requests for removal or arrangement of office furniture, equipment, and other objects.
- Provide recommendations for landscaping improvement.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Employee must be physically capable to lift and/or move up to 30-50 pounds and climb ladders; requires extensive periods of standing, bending, hauling moving and being outdoors; operate machinery and drive legislature’s vehicle.
Plant and soil knowledge, three to five years experience in groundskeeping and facilities maintenance.