Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Public Affairs Division. Develop and maintain productive communications strategies for various audiences. Prepares press materials or speaking engagements, for all media communications such as radio, internet, and television.
- Liaison to the Senate President, Executive Director, Senators and Public.
- Produce and disseminate all media releases, organize press conferences.
- Supervises staff.
- Establish staff duties and responsibilities such as daily work schedules.
- Coordinates public speaking, and photographic documentation for Senators.
- Edit, photography and video product.
- Manage meetings, Session features and special productions for the legislative channel.
- Stand-in as a writer, photographer or graphic artist, as needed.
- Coordinate with M.I.S. to update website information.
- Manages incoming media inquiries.
- Tracks media coverage by reading news journals local and abroad.
- Stays informed about recent political events.
- Maintain departmental files, inventories and archives.
- Gives recommendations for equipment.
- Oversee the cross-training of employees.
- Evaluates staff and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Organizes and executes legislative tours for the public.
- May be on-call or work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/President of the Legislature.
Lifting 40lbs or more, video cameras, cable wires, etc. Some inter-islands trave
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
Six to ten years within a political or governmental structure; Communications and marketing work-related experience. Exceptional verbal and written communicational skills