Management Information System
Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or remotely. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating system. Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transaction issues and remedial action is taken and installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Resolve or refer to major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software/hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
Requires bending, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, during the installation of equipment. Lifting 20 to 50 pounds or more.
Associate Degree or higher in computer-related major. Professional certification is also acceptable.