ST. THOMAS—The Committee on Government Operations, Consumer Affairs, Energy, Environment and Planning is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. at the Earle B. Ottley Legislative Chambers on the island of St. Thomas.
The Committee is slated to receive testimony on the status of the Territory’s overall hurricane preparedness plans.
Invited testifiers, in the first block:
• Daryl D. Jaschen, Director-nominee, Virgin Islands Territorial Emergency Management Agency
• Nelson Petty, Jr., Commissioner-designee, Department of Public Works
• Lawrence Kupfer, Executive Director, Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority
• Dr. Celvin G. Walwyn, Deputy Commissioner, Virgin Islands Police Department
During the second block, the committee will receive testimony from:
• Justa Encarnacion, Commissioner-designee, Department of Health
• Richard Tomas Evangelista, Commissioner-nominee, Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs
For complete coverage on this and all meetings, tune into LEGIT Television Cable Channel 26, WVSE Radio Papilove 91.9 FM, https://livestream.com/legittv/ and on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/USVILegislature .